Saturday, July 20, 2013

Module 9 Art Making/Material Exploration: Exploring Line






1. What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing?
Drawing my left hand with my right was not difficult at all. I was able to draw the outline pretty well, and the details of the wrinkles came out good too. However, difficulty came out when I tried to draw my right hand using my left hand. I am very righty dominant, I hardly use my left hand in any situations. Drawing a hand was very hard, achieving detail was even harder, but I feel the picture came out okay. 
2. What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why?
I chose to use pencil on paper. It is a medium that was available to me, and it is a medium that I am used to it.
3. How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand?
Creating a drawing with my non-dominant hand was fun, yet difficult. I am not used to using my left hand as much as my right, especially in drawing, so doing this project made me feel a little out of my comfort zone, but I feel the drawing came out good.
4. Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies?
The left hand I drew with my right was not difficult, I did not spend as much time and effort on that drawing as I did with the other. I did this because I felt it was going to be more difficult to use my left hand, so I spent a great deal of time making sure I did the drawing well. I drew slowly, but achieving detail was very difficult.
5. Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future?
No I would not consider using my left hand to create art. I will not do this because I can create better work with my right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment