Monday, July 1, 2013

Module 6: Reviewing Peer Responses to Artwork

1. Hyperlink the Blogs you reviewed into your Blog

Allison Cislaraski: 

http://blog1art.blogspot.com/2013/06/elements-and-principles.html  

http://blog1art.blogspot.com/2013/06/art-museum-visitation.html?showComment=1372725985731#c1143204540433561253

Diana Cottone: 

http://artfullyblog.blogspot.com/2013/06/elements-and-principles-of-design.html?showComment=1372726514409#c4457848824902002602

http://artfullyblog.blogspot.com/2013/06/my-visit-to-albright-knox-art-gallery.html?showComment=1372727136207#c7950530929975230668


2. When looking at Project #1: (Elements and Principles), did you agree with the element or principle the artist listed with the images? Did you see other elements and principles in the images?
Yes, I agreed with both of the artist's elements they chose for their specific photos. However, I also saw other elements and principles in the photos. I saw value in Allison's contrast picture, and I also saw great color in Diana's emphasis picture.

3. When looking at Project #2: Where there any images in the Peer Blogs the same as your own? If yes, what were they? Where the reasons the image was selected the same or different as your own?
No, none of the pieces I chose were repeated. I do not think anyone went to the Metropolitan Museum like I did. I feel that many taking this course are from the Buffalo area, so the Albright-Knox was the primary location to visit. 

4. Where there any images that your Peers selected that pique your interest now? If yes, what are they and what is your connection with them? What would you want to know about them?
I felt an immediate connection to the 1889 Georges Seurat, Study for Le Chahut that Diana chose. I love this piece because I have been learning about Seurat my entire life in art classes, and the painting is not only impressive, but fun as well. I also feel a connection because I did a project on this painting my second year here at Buffalo State. I always wanted to learn more about how Seurat achieves shading throughout his paintings without using conventional techniques.

5. What do you think about the process of reading your peers reflection? Do you find this to be a valuable in your learning?
I find the comments very valuable to my learning. It always nice to hear more feed-back about your work, you never really know how good or bad something is until you have more opinions on it. The comments that were left to me were very nice. Both Diana and Allison had nice things to say about the photos I took for project 1, and they were impressed that I went to a legendary museum in Manhattan for project 2.

6. Check your Blog and read comments posted by your Peers. Do you find their comments helpful?
Yes, they were both helpful, and complemental. I very much appreciate the kind words both Diana and Allison gave me about my two projects.



No comments:

Post a Comment